Friday, May 29, 2009

At Tesco Mutiara Damansara

As a Malaysian shopper, one has to constantly stand for one's rights!


Took this picture at Tesco Mutiara Damansara a while back and have been meaning to put it up. But yes, I've been neglecting this blog.. boohooo. The heart yearned to blog, but the body couldn't!! Go figure. Dunno how sometimes I just can't seem to find some good quality me-time to surf and blog.

Anyways. It seems that the sign was meant to mean.. "Limited to 4 per customer"... not "Limited to 24 units per customer". Ada ka patut????

Obviously someone made a big blunder here. Maybe that person's been sms-ing or chatting online too much. You know.. when you sms/chat you tend to shorten / abbreviate words and spellings like this.. "U tgh buatpe tu? ru goin 2 work l8er?". Well, you get my drift.

You bet I argued my case there. I'd taken 12 cans of those good stuff and I wasn't gonna pay the full price. Not when the sign clearly said 24 units. It isn't the customers' fault that they screwed it up, right?

They called the manager-on-duty and at first she didn't want to give me the discounted price. Admirably enough (woohoo angkat bakul!) I managed to NOT lose my cool. I just told her that I was terribly disappointed with Tesco and how often we shopped there, spending up to thousands of ringgits per month on groceries and misc. items. And this terribly disappointing incident was definitely going to put us off Tesco in the future. I guess that got to her somehow.. probably started her thinking about the loss of customer lifetime value and whatnot (they'd lose big bucks from our pockets alone and just imagine how many friends we'd be telling about this incident.. yes, you betcha)... and she quickly told the cashier.. "Takpe, takpe, bagi akak ni discounted price tu. Kesian dia."

Kesian ka..? Ataupun takut nanti customers lari? Huhuhuu..

Whatever it is, the bottom line is.. As a Malaysian consumer, sometimes you gotta go the distant to argue your case. Tsk tsk.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Woohoo! You are indeed awesome. Yalah, that's our right as a consumer and further more it's their own fault to type like that. Although Tesco mesti punya nak squirm out of it kan. Kalau org layu habis la kene tipu.

I once got a free sponge from Tesco. They didn't put any bar code and harga what so ever. Tatau la if the rule still applies nowadays. I think they have a hard time maintaining a big store.

nuhaafnan said...

way to go, babe. only that, I'm aghast that you need that many susu cap junjung!

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

sarah; hahahah i awesome ka? haru je dengar tu. my mom was there, and u bet she'd make hell turn over if i didnt do anything to stand up for my rights :p mak i kan org minang yg sangat vocal! hahahaha. tapi memang betolll.. org layu mesti selalu kena buli dgn kedai besar-besar in msia ni. and i think they're doing a very bad job at maintaining the store's stock or whatever-ya-ma-calls-it lah. coz every single time i go to tesco, for sure at least one item would have problems being scanned. go figure.

anne; kah kah kahhh.. tak tau ke, that is why it is easy peeeeezy for me to maintain my curvy figure?! mesti minum nescafe two cups a day with susu cap junjung! and by the way, my pantry is a heaven / haven if there is ever to be a perintah berkurung / state curfew of some sort! :p