Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ageing

An old friend of mine came over today with her kids. She's heavily pregnant, 30-something, beauuuutiful still (even 'hawt' when she isn't pregnant). We spoke about Raya and she had a good laugh about a picture of us a friend had uploaded onto FB.

Reason being? She said we looked terribly old.

I countered by saying I thought we looked fine. I actually honestly did. Not too fat, no wardrobe malfunctions in the forms of exposed bra straps or hiked-up skirts (good God), and no smudgy makeups reminiscent of the good ol' clubbing days of runny eyeliners and mascaras (goodness, no no no).

But she said, noooooo, we did NOT look fine.

Such 'healthy' girls (size-wise, really), who really looked 30-something already.

Errr. Okay..

Correct me if I'm wrong but are 30-somethings supposed to look like 20-somethings..?

Mmmm maybe in a land far far away from my world. Like Hollywood maybe?

It is odd how cynical people get about ageing.

This one's in memories of;

Ninie, eternally 25.
Saleem, eternally 20.
Faisal Latiff, eternally 19.
Najib, eternally 26.

And many other forgotten ones. Young always. Al-Fatihah.




*Image from google.

No comments: