Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

1. To prioritise my little family above all others. Basically, to stop caring so much about what everybody else thinks and do what is best for my family.

2. To be a better wife and mother. Less temperamental and moody about things. InsyaAllah. Help me God!

3. To think of things in small steps, rather than always imagining the big picture and then lose my top because the big picture always always seems like it's just too damn much to handle. Phew. Ok... step one.... think now. Do what's needed to be done now. Not what needs to be done in 30 minutes.. an hour... two... a day... you get the idea.

4. To set aside a minimum of 30 minutes a day to pure spiritual devotion. With the maid gone and housework always piling up, I've neglected my readings (i.e. the Quran and religious readings).. this is seriously frustrating because I know this should be made a priority. So.. lets start with small steps again. Thirty minutes a day for starters. InsyaAllah.

There. That's it for now. Small steps.. remember?

No comments: