Sunday, July 4, 2010

Deactivating FB

Today, just a minute ago, I deactivated my FB account.

It felt good. It felt like a huge burden was lifted off my shoulders.

Ah bliss.

I have my own reasons to deactivate the account of course, but it hit me with full-force reality today that I've been online for more than half my life and I am sick of online politics. Ain't it enough that real-life politics can drag you down and challenge your beliefs? As one gets older, why must one subject oneself to unnecessarily added politics and stress that can be easily avoided with one button.

"DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT".

Done.

3 comments:

Mummy of Four said...

agreed! as time goes by n we r busy with our family, its great to eliminate unnecessary problems!

dotty said...

Is it weird that I actually keep the friends I have on FB because I want to see those politic stuff? I think it's my way to keep in touch with Malaysia somehow. Since I don't experience it in real life I live through FB. Plus since it's happening so far away I can detach myself from it coz seriously.... it doesn't affect what I do here at all.

Reanaclaire said...

i have a FB account but i m not "into it." I spend most of my time on my blog and surfing.. hope u feel better now.. it only takes a click to activate back, right?