Friday, July 2, 2010

The Desire to Move On

Lately I've been feeling out of sorts.

Not that my life isn't happy. It truly is. I'm blessed with two exceptionally loving boys that are sensitive to my feelings and try hard to make me happy, always.

But there's something missing that I can't put a finger on.

Maybe its Gibran's hernia surgery coming up next week.

Maybe its the kitchen floor that never looks as clean as I like it to be even after being scrubbed endlessly by yours truly.

Maybe it's the fact that I workout so hard but only lose so little, in my opinion.

Or maybe I've been home too long and need a getaway somewhere.

Not of the holiday sort....

More like the moving sort.

Yeah I'm talking about moving away from here. This city. This country. This life and its tiresome, sickening politics.

Maybe humans are truly nomadic in nature. Maybe we weren't meant to stay in one place too long.


The place my heart misses.

2 comments:

Fini said...

i honestly know what you mean...i always get that notion where I know that I am supposed to be here but in all honesty I long to be somewhere else...

ummi sa'eed said...

feeling the exact same way!

but not to oz lah..heh