Friday, July 3, 2009

Of Vanity

I don't think I'm a vain person, but I guess I do care about some things. Does that constitute as vanity..?

I walk at least four or five times a week for 30 minutes each time and although the main reason for this is to exercise good ol' spine (not exercising makes my spine very very very stiff.. think of gripping onto your pc mouse for at least an hour without loosening hold; that's how stiff the whole of good ol' spine becomes at times).. I never seem to lose even a pound. Not even one. Go figure. Then there's the fact that I'm living with Mister-Eat-Everything-That-Comes-My-Way-Without-Gaining-An-Ounce. Yup of course I'm talking about H. Thinking about it makes me dazed and confused.

Then there are those "laugh"-lines around my eye area. Alahhh. OKAY, FINE. You can call em crows' feet if you want. Whatever. Maybe there're not crows' feet yet, but they're definitely heading that way. I think they'll be eagles' feet in about 10 years time. Only God knows. All that despite the fact that I religiously apply eye gel and eye cream everytime after washing my face. This indeed leaves me dazed and confused.

And I know that I have not been able to do a single sit-up or stomach crunch-exercise since the spinal surgeries, but you'd think a woman's tummy would go back to somewhere near to its pre-pregnancy size after nearly three years of the baby's delivery..?

And if I have to hear one more story about H's students telling him; "Mister H, whyy... are you sure you have a kid?? You don't look a day above eighteen!".... I swear I'll chuck out the eye-creams, lotions, hair serum, shavers, wax strips, tweezers, perfumes, concealers and that extra big pot of cocoa butter body scrub... right into H's grinning face.

Alamak. If H reads this, I'll be dead meat!

Sorry H huney, I love you to bits but have mercy on a woman's ageing heart, yeah?

After all, these faint stretch marks on this good ol' tummy are war medals, man!

Well. At least in my case t'is true that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach :p

P/S: Forgive me God, it's PMS laa kot...

6 comments:

nuhaafnan said...

beb, your only chance is to be young at heart ajer lah! hahahahaha, jgn marah! but seriously, you're gorgeous kay (kalau tak, masakan si H yg equally gorgeous tu gila kat u? hahahahah, jgn marah!)

smile, be happy, channel your inner 'sunshine' and you'll look and feel young beyond your years :D

Fini said...

OMG!!! I so totally relate!Hubby has just entered the 3-0 series and I am the one nervous (about me turning 3-0 la in 5 mths) while hubby is as calm as the day after the storm. Not worried about a thing!!! I still wondering and worried about the tummy region post baby, the thighs,the bum bum...itu belum masuk whatever feet on the face lagi plus the body aches; back ache, knee ache, angin la...huwaaa...heck I am still in denial of being in the late 20s...heheh...don't mind me I am kecoh that way huhu...Now if I am 30 and look and feel 20ish that would be a different story so for now have to face the harsh reality larrr what to do????

Lollies said...

I personally think i look better now than when I am in my 20s. Tak kesahlah other people's opinion which very likely not be the same. :P

I am already into serum and face lift cream ok. Bleargh.

Lollies said...

eh where is ur post about you dont like letting your maid jaga your son too?

anyway I just want to tell you that I am exactly the same. When I was working, I told her as soon as I come back, the kids are to be with me all the time. No matter how penat. No suap, no mandi, no cuci poo poo. and no no no

I think that is why the kids bond with me regardless. Alhamdulillah.

Zaitul said...

hahaha...very funny la.i psycho myself by saying its just numbers(im turning 30 end of the year when gib turns 3y/o uhhukkk.)hubster turns 31 tomorrow and not at all bothered hhhmppphhhh...laa..laa..laaaa

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

anne; .....kembang kuncup jugak lah i baca your comment ni. heheheeuheuhe... thanks for always saying the right things! ;D

fini; heheuheuhe... apa lah u ni... we're all thirty already and ure not here yet darling :p u'll always be the youngest amongst us, so thats something to be proud of aint it? hehehehe. heyy now i'm gonna say what anne just said up there. ure gorgeous inside and out, and dont think otherwise!

lollies; for some reason i feel as if i've got more pizzaz and confidence now (comes with age, betol tak kot?! hahahaaa! perasan je) tapi memanggg la tak fun sometimes when u have a hubs that looks younger :p like me!

lolls, about the trust issue tu, alhamdulillah, i agree with u, agaknya thats why your kids are attached to u nonetheless. some ppl tell me that no matter what, mummies would always come first tapi i've personally witnessed a few cases where the anak-anak reallyyy prefer the maids and tak boleh lepas kan the maids. not attached to the moms much. very sad. that is my biggest fear! caya tak?

zai; if this year i got fulusss and tenaga to make a big bday do for gib, be sure to drag your arse down to our house and blow a candle too, okies! alamak.. hubs you pun nampak muda lah. thats why he's not bothered. hehehehee