Monday, June 22, 2009

H1N1 Gets Too Darn Close For Comfort

My nephew Shazwan's school (SM Damansara Utama / SMDU) has two cases of H1N1-infected students. Said students are supposed to have been properly quarantined as we speak.

Then for the life of me, please explain, SMDU, why we had to learn of this from the TV3 van parked in front of the school, which of course evoked Shazwan's dear old Atuk's curiousity (dear ol' Dad).. and he of course walked into the school to make enquiries on the matter. I doubt any parent was properly informed about this. Then TV3 talked about it during the 1.30 news and I suppose that's how most parents would learn about this piece of news.

Schools. Don't they have any sense of responsibility towards their students and the students' parents? And what the heck are those people in Jabatan Kesihatan doing? Wanna wait till the whole Damansara Utama is infected or quarantined, then baru decide to close the school, issit?

Excuse me if I sound pissed. That's coz I am.

H1N1's too close for comfort indeed.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Let's pray that this H1N1(A) thing don't spread like SARS! Goodness, when are we going to learn from lessons? I pun geran!

Sasha Tan said...

wah another sch that kena. Sigh its everywhere already ....

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

cynthia & sasha; how lah? dont tell me we should lock ourselves and the kids in the hse, right? sigh...