Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Of Cicaks

I HATE house lizards a.k.a. cicaks. I hate it when they appear out of nowhere and start crawling and squirming all over your legs in utter panic (who's supposed to be panicky here?!). I hate it when they sneak their heads out of under the washing machine to peak at what I'm doing in my own kitchen in the middle of the night and early mornings. I hate the very way they wriggle and squirm. They are utterly disgusting and I cannot stand them. The very thought of cicaks squirming anywhere within a ten-foot pole's distant is enough to make the hair on my neck stand up. Gross!

Today it happened again. I was busy washing chicken pieces to cook for lunch and had been standing there for a good 10 minutes when suddenly a cicak crawled onto my foot and started wriggling from foot to foot. Grosssssssss!

You bet I did a grand red-indian-rain-dance complete with shrieks that put those crows on the windowsill to shame. And to add salt to wound, the maid who had never seen her stalwart employer so out of control immediately got to her feet like a person at the ready to go to war, with exclamations of; "Puan! Puan! Apa itu? Apa ituuu?? Apa ituuuu Puannnnn???!" .. and in all that commotion, Gibran grabbed his lightsaber and rushed into the kitchen with shrieks of; "Kenape Mummy?! Kenape Mummy?? Kenapaaaaaaaaaaa Mummyy!! Are you okay?! ARE YOU OKAY MUMMYYYYY!!"....

Pffft.

All that just for one lousy cicak's sake.

I wish I know how to exterminate those pests!

3 comments:

Lollies said...

tapi gibran datang bawak lighsaber tu yang tak tahan tu. Your hero indeed

Fini said...

them cicaks often visit us at home too...there is this pesticide that can be used for cicaks...u just spray at those places where the usually appear and the smell of the pesticide shoos them away....now, we have our pest control people to add cicak onto their list too whenever they come.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

lollies; memangg hero ;) too bad he shrieks like nobody's business everytime he sees them cicaks too! :p

fini; i saw those pesticide sprays.. it works ke? if it works then i'll buy it! ingatkan tak jalan... hehehe