Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cobaan...

Remember in Pendekar Bujang Lapok when the three jokers were chanting the "Hey Mambang kuning, mambang whatever.." mantra, whenever they were disrupted they'd say.. "COBAAN...!"
(i.e. cubaan @ dugaan @ a test).

I don't know if it was too much P. Ramlee movies as a kid, but I say that a lot whenever I'm disturbed or perturbed. In all seriousness or as a joke. "COBAAN..." always seems to be the one-word phase that covers pretty much how I feel about the situation at hand.

And on the first day of Ramadhan, one was sent down to me.

Right after breaking fast and praying Maghrib.. I got my period.

COBAAN....

I'm really sad about this this time around because this is the first time I'm fasting in five years. I've waited for this Ramadhan with such anticipation, only to have it flail on the very first night.

But, Allah knows best.

Even with Aunt Flo's visit, there're ways to still reap the benefits of Ramadhan, I'm sure.

Do zikirs, do doas. Read the Quran and its terjemahans. Jauhkan from all negativities and sikap buruk. I can't seem to do this as well as I wish I could, but in trying to control our nafsu, there is Ibadah there. Insyaallah.

Anybody else has any tips to share for those of us who can't fast at the moment? I know Sarah's in the same boat as I am right now.

"Saya budak baru belajar, kalau salah tolong tunjukkan.."

Happy fasting to those who can :)

3 comments:

Lollies said...

wehei. Praises to Allah for the menses we have. And you know what despite not being able to fast, we will still be rewarded insya Allah equivalent to the one who fast. as long as kita tak makan di khalayak ramai and all that. and when we ganti posa we can get another reward biiznillah. I am telling you, mati hidup balik, i nak jadi pompuan macam ni. :D

like u said, live the Ramadhan with dzikirs and reading tafseers. make niyah for everyting u do be it playing with little cutie to please Allah. insya Allah all are counted.

for any calamity or unplanned things happening, if we are patient we will be rewarded insya Allah. <--ok this one is for my ear actually.

nuhaafnan said...

kita semua dlm boat yg sama....

i got my period on friday, so basically when everyone else dok seronok nak sambut ramadhan, here i was feeling moody and cranky. tak senonoh betul

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

lollies; that last piece of advice for your ears tu betol betol kena dgn i lah. in a lot of things that i do, i need to be more patient and repair my niat!

anne; hehehe... i can just imagine u being a spoilt sport. i pun selalu camtu.