Monday, August 3, 2009

A Cat's Eyes

I was going nuts, wasn't I..?!! Hoooboyy. Gill, that Nemo's friend was right!

Anyways, the first day out of "quarantine" saw H, Gibran and myself at Homst TTDI having dinner. Oooh their lemon chicken is to die for lah. And for the first time in two weeks, Gib finished his rice. He even had agar-agar which I made with evaporated milk and fruit cocktail later at the in-laws', on top of his usual night-time milk. Alhamdulillah. I pray his appetite is coming back.

So there I was, driving home alone at 9+ p.m. out of TTDI's Athinahapan area to get Gib's milk from our house (I'd dropped H and Gib off at Pa's and Ma's place first), and at that T-junction near their house, I saw a cat with blinking eyes like flickering neon lights.

Yikes! Freaky. Spooooky.

A cat with eyes which glow out of the dark, I'm used to. Because we had cats for 20 years of my life before Gib was born. But a cat with BLINKING lighted-up eyes.. that was something new.

Then I realised that the cat's eyes were reflecting the signal light on my car. I was signaling to go to the right, and the blinking light was reflected on the cat's eyes.

D'uhhhh.

I swear I must've been going nuts. Phew.

May Allah bless us with good health and strong hearts as we prepare for Ramadhan!

1 comment:

nuhaafnan said...

cat's eyes sometimes give me the heebies jeebies as well!

eh, jom, bulan puasa meniaga cupcakes!