Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Crazy Roti Man

I dunno why lately I've been sleeping really weirdly. I sleep REALLY lightly sometimes, but REALLY "heavily" (like earthquake also won't wake up!) some other times.

But nearly every morning, Gibran will fidget like mad and I will definitely wake from whatever reverie I was in when our breadman comes honking. His is one of those air-horn-like horns.. I've no idea how to describe it, you know lah how rotimen horns go honking on and on .. in my head I have an image of a fat black horn that honks with the press of a hand.

He comes by some time in between 8.30 to 9 a.m. and would not stop honking till the maid opens the front door. Sometimes I can hear Nila running to the front of the house all the way from the back of the house.

I've asked Nila if she'd told him not to honk so persistently (two or three honks enough la fella..), and she said she has. But he continues to honk and honk and honk.

This begs the question of whether I should even continue to buy from this irritating, crazy roti man!

2 comments:

Lollies said...

I have no idea why, but I find this scene of this rotiman honking away on his bike full of those small rotis hanging about and jajan also quite funny. Maybe I am just missing these little malaysian things. The roti man scene ajele not the honking at your ears.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

goodness, yes, i can imagine how one can miss all things malaysian :) i felt that way when we lived in melbourne tapi now that we're back here.... get me out of here already!