Sunday, March 1, 2009

Loss. Again.

My friend in Australia lost her baby after a week of slight bleeding. This is her third miscarriage. Sigh. All I can do is mourn silently and pray from afar. I will be calling her again later.

Yesterday Nani came over because she and husband (lets call him "I.B.") decided to buy over the Sony digital camera that H won a few months back. She's now 10 weeks pregnant and it's looking good. Gynae said that if the baby made it past 9 weeks after all that ordeal (burst appendix, dengue, blood infection..), it may very well make it full-term, God willing.

I was making Kueh Bakar for a family dinner at H's parents' house yesterday night, and Nani got a whift of it. She however left before the kueh was fully baked, so today I'm making another batch of the kueh especially for her. Orang mengandung takut kempunan pula nanti.


If I could I would send over thousands of kueh bakar, or whatever else it takes if only it could make up for the loss of yet another baby. But it can't and it won't. I just pray Allah sends them much strength.

No comments: