Thursday, March 12, 2009

To Train a Maid

We got our new maid last Friday and so far it's been so-so. Some things she's good at, some things she's not. One thing for sure, she's no Nila and I'm trying hard not to compare them. Nila also has her positive as well as negative sides, as all us humans do.

I know not many friends read this blog of mine yet but I do have a query to ask all of you out there.

How do you train a new maid to do things your way? I do so welcome any tips you guys have.

The main thing for me is Gibran's safety and the maid's hygiene. More often than not, hygiene is always a major issue for me because.. what can I say. I'm fussy about cleanliness. I think about bacteria and get grossed out if the same sponge is used to wash plates as well as the sink. I have separate cloths for wiping the countertops, the floors and other things concerning Gibran (like his high table and his toys). I don't like the dish towel to be put near the other cloths, because can you imagine the bacteria that comes from the floor ending up on your plates? Bluergh. Don't get me started. Talking about this will put me off my next meal.

So. You get the picture. Yes I am fussy about cleanliness and all those gross stuff.

But trust me when I say that I have been trying to be less picky and often turn a blind eye on how things are done as long as things get done, and everything looks spic and span. I try to pretend I don't care as much but who am I kidding. Once if I "kantoi" (catch them!) the maids in the act of doing something in what I think is unclean method..... I have a hard time holding it together. Pfft.

The truth is people like me should probably not have help because we like to do things ourselves! A voice in my head tells me that this is probably why God bestowed me with a trying spine. He has bigger plans on my controlling nature. Wallahualam (only God knows).

2 comments:

yatie said...

seems you fussy mcm I.... hihi but I more concern to toilet untill my husband boleh nyampah kalau i tak nak masuk toilet but at the same time nak terkencing. but yes I am fussy but still my house mmg mcm kapal pecah like yesterday

Sasha Tan said...

if u're fussy about things like this, then u gotto tell her and train her well to follow yr way. Coz if not then u will be angry and not satisfied and wanna strangle her hahah