Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Never Underestimate Instant Paste!!

I haven't been able to blog as much as I wish I could because of reasons I've explained in Gib's blog.. so this blog didn't take off as I wanted it too. But nevermind :) All in good time. I have a feeling this place is going to be mostly about FOOD. Because I love food and can't stop experimenting and can't stop talking about it. Heh.

In particular, I like to talk about food that is suitable for the little ones.

But being a lazy cook, I just have to make something clear. Never ever underestimate the potential of good instant paste!

Many a meal in our home is made from instant paste because sometimes I just don't have the time to hover over the stove too much. The little fella isn't a big napper so he doesn't nap more than an hour and a half (tops!), so some days this just leaves me with very little time to cook + bake + surf + blog all in the same time frame. Hehe.

One of my all-time favourites is flavoured rice. Mom used to tell me the trick was in using good quality basmati. How right she is. I use Taj Mahal usually, but recently (pocket a bit high and dry this month!) I bought Giant-brand basmati (beras mati?) and it was surprisingly good. So maybe I'll stick to this for the time being.

If you're looking for something super quick, not too rich, definitely NOT spicy (just slightly spiced, suitable for toddlers because most beryani pastes out there are very spicy! Honestly. Go ahead and try em out..)... go for Maggi Nasi Beryani instant paste.



I'll put up the picture of the instant paste packet tomorrow, along with an update on changes I make when cooking the beryani.

Don't be a cooking snob! Try those instant pastes!

No comments: