Friday, February 6, 2009

Turning Thirty

Things to remember about my thirtieth birthday:

- Friends who came to surprise me the night before the birthday, reminding me of the times when I was so ill, couldn't walk, and they were always around when I needed them. I hope to be as good a friend to them as they are to me.
- The Hi-Fibre cheesecake which everyone (except for H, Chip and myself) struggled to finish!
- Tam's silly text messages that said; "Enjoy the last day of being in your 20s" and then "Welcome to the 30s, cherish the memories of your 20s". You bitter old woman you, Atam!
- H sitting close to Gib's side and feeding him slowly and patiently all throughout the meal. How lucky can a woman be?
- The man seating next to our table who kept glancing at the way H handled Gibran. Jealous ke bang? Hehe :p Oh, and the irritating old man at that same table who smoked vanilla-scented rokok kretek that caused Gib to wheeze a little and gave me a bad sinus reaction which lasted the whole night. Bleah.
- Gibran and Nabeel nearly bringing down the house with their shouts and loud bangs from their "crashing" game of ride-on bulldozers going head-to-head while Shamel threw cushions at them to get them to stop because he deemed the activity unsafe.
- Feeling as if only a few days have gone by since I turned 20, and then remembering the harsh reality of how fortunate I am to make it to my 3rd decade because there will always be the memory of Ninie, forever young, leaving us all behind in the middle of 20s.

I am lucky to be alive, Alhamdulillah.. and there are things (many many things) still unfinished and undone.

Ilmu.
Ibadah.
Umrah.
Hajj.

I pray I'll achieve some of these this decade.

No comments: